I Forge Iron

Say Mak SM 50 Base Hole Location

A friend of mine made his metal base out of 8" or 10" channel  can't remember witch on the height &

filled with cement put it on a horse pad & bolted it down works real good MUCH !! better than the wood logs Tom used

and this hammer was Toms old hammer in his shop the new owner is taking good care of it :) OH & I can go use it to :wub:  

I got the old blue hammer with the little squerrll cage on top to cool the ram. (Fan added by Tom and Phil) I was told that this was his first hammer to purchase from Turkey and Phil Cox and Tom made a few modifications to it. Tom contacted the manufacture and suggested these changes be made....they said no....Tom bought 51Percent of the company and told them "now make the changes"......True or not I don't know but it does make for a good story;)  Maybe Peacock will chime in with the real story. Hope so anyway.  BTW, I was told it is a Shahinler 60KG

It is on the timbers and bolted to the floor.

So, do I have his first hammer from Turkey.....not that it really matter :)  Just wonder. I was also told that you, Phil, made a ring for the pulley so yall could put a splined (cogged) belt on to replace the V-belts. Then drove down to Tom's and you shrunk it on the pulley.....or something like that... ;) 

Plumb your exhaust onto a 30 gal. drum with some lathe turning in it . put the pipe in the bottom the turnings on top of the end of pipe make a loose fitting cover. will be better if it is out side the shop.  may have to clean it a time or two a year.

THANK YOU PHIL!!  Looks like I will be checking with my machinist buddies in the NEAR future.  I really appreciate your willingness to share, as with everyone on this site. thanks again.

Bbehnke, sorry for the Hijacking of this thread....didn't mean for it to happen like this. I have used the Say-Mak some and enjoyed it. 
(They are much like the Sahinler)  Hope you work out your bugs with it, nice hammer for sure.