I Forge Iron

Hello from russiaville

Youngman

Hello, everyone my name is Dane and i'm a complete newbie to blacksmithing haven't even hit a lick yet. I have however done some metal fab work so i know just enough to get myself in trouble. I am amazed at the community that you all seem to share. And the vast amount of knowledge that many of you clearly have. Hope to get my forge set up soon and start banging away.

Welcome aboard Dane, glad to have you. As a start pull up a comfy chair, some snacks, a beverage and start reading the sections here. Unless you're some kid of wonder I'll be every new guy question has been answered many times already. From equipment and tools to how tos and contact info, most anything you want to know is there.

Once you've done a little reading you'll have enough knowledge base to have good questions and understand the answers.

Regardless we're a pretty friendly bunch and really like pictures, heck we LOVE pics, progress pics, projects, shop, tool finds, kids, dogs, recipes, scenery, etc. You know the usual stuff.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome, you have found a great place to start. Almost every question you will have has been addressed and with a little searching you can get answers fast. We like to share photos so show your forge build and then some of your projects. Most of all enjoy the site.
Chuck

Thanks for the advice guys. I had already been reading for at least a week before i joined. I did so i could ask a question if needed and also look at all the cool pics. I have already found the search tool and answers to many of my newb questions