Glenn

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

BillyBones, thats near paint Creek and cabin Creek where the mine wars took place back in the 1920's isn't it. 

I have family in Perry and Letcher Co's. 

Pnut (Mike)

The national guard dropped artillery shells From biplanes on the miners striking against J.H. Blair. The only time the US military bombed US citizens on purpose.

Pnut (Mike)

It ended on Blair mountain West Virginia

I aint sure about cabin creek, but i do know that Paint creek is in Johnson county. I was thinking cabin creek was more North towards Ohio, around Portsmouth. 

When they built Paintsville lake they had to move my family cemetery. Nice lake and good bass fishing. There are also elk there now for hunting. 

By the way, Know what ya can do with a Buckeye ya cant do with a brier?

Wipe your ...!

I have no natural skill in that direction, but I'm extremely stubborn!  ~ Stormcrow

For those who are charter members of the cult of ignorance I get my curmudgeon on. ~ Charles R. Stevens

Another thing my Granny said to me all the time growing up, "Pity is free, you have to earn admiration."

Pnut (Mike)

On 5/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, BillyBones said:

When they built Paintsville lake they had to move my family cemetery. Nice lake and good bass fishing. There are also elk there now for hunting. 

Largest elk herd east of the Rocky Mountains

Irondragon Forge & Clay said :That's great, just remember to listen to old guys, because they know stuff.

The most important tool for a blacksmith? It is the same tool for any profession. That big hunk of grey matter behind your eyes and between your ears. Billy Bones

I know many who seem incapable of using that tool. I am usually behind them on the drive to and from work. 

P-nut, i did not know that the herd was that big now. 

Yep, KDFWR has done a great job with the reintroduction. It's still a lottery hunt though. I don't know anyone who has gotten a tag. I don't know many elk hunters either. Could be why. 

Pnut

Have you ever seen rust on the face of the anvil?  If so the anvil is not being used.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:50 PM, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

"If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous. If a snake bites you and you die, it's venomous! ". ~ ausfire

If a snake bites you and it dies you're a blacksmith.

Frosty The Lucky.