I Forge Iron
Bubbasan

show us your mill

I  just  purchased this one . Its a 3 phase , made in England . It seems a little more complicated than my previous one .   james

post-48572-0-86938800-1385785471_thumb.j

post-48572-0-11754000-1385785517_thumb.j

post-48572-0-26306100-1385785556_thumb.j

Nice. I've wanted a full size mill for a few years, but really don't have the space for one. I've got a small tabletop mill/drill that I make do with for right now.

Not bragging believe me but, I have a 3,000 SF shop . Just moved in here . Has airplane hanger another 3,000 SF . Huge house

really too big for me and the wife . Will see how this place works out . Its about 6 years old .     Thank you    james

Nice mill, hope it serves you well.

I see the pic of the rotary phase converter, are satisfied with that brand or have you had it in service
long enough to give an in depth review?

I saw one of those at an auction, it was called a "Balding Beaver" does it have a #30 spindle taper? 

Tell us how you like your American Rotary.

Sure you're bragging---and that's OK.  Part of why this site exists is folks showing off their toys to other folks.   (Hmm must inverstigate if it's secretely funded by the Dental Association who profit from the grinding and gnashing of teeth...)

I bought this gear head benchtop mill/drill just before Christmas from a guy I work with. I'm currently rewiring the motor for 230v rather than 115v. never had an issue running 115v until I got to the 3" facing mill. Kept popping the breaker. I'm also installing a DRO kit for the X and Y-axis'. Too many levers and switches in the way to mount a Z-axis digital readout.

-Hillbilly

post-459-0-04509500-1395588924_thumb.jpg

post-459-0-27301900-1395588950_thumb.jpg

What make is that, Hillbilly? Looks Nice. Enjoy, and Work Safe.

Post closeup of Head?

Edited by Anachronist58

This Concord mill was given to me for moving some other equipment. Unfortunately it got rusty over the last 4-5 years. Don't have a garage, and those crappy blue tarps disintegrate in short order down here. The rust isn't that bad, looks worse than it is. Anyway, this mill may be getting traded for a Champion #1 power hammer.

My main mill is still back in CA. It is a Millport. Looks like this one except that it is a 16 speed with a 2 speed motor.

No pics of the Van Norman Universal horizontal mill back at the folks estate.

post-9835-0-98829600-1395805567_thumb.jp

Thanks for the Image/Info, Hillbilly.

BIGGUNDOCTOR - Ouch!  that hurts.  I have three Walker-Turner drill presses that fell to the scourge of the blue tarp (I have no garage, they Will be restored). Sometimes it just gets away from us.

That is some serious machine tool abuse right there ,I'd put my wife
outside under a blue tarp before I would a machine !! LOL!!!

It is worse than it looks. Some oil, and a stone will clean it up. Luckily I live in the driest part of the USA, we average 4.5" of rain a year.