I Forge Iron

I do think this is a Trenton. Am i right?

Hello all! So I been searching for an anvil to get started on blacksmithing. I have another anvil that I need to look at tomorrow or else I would have bought this one. (if its what I think it is) I think this is a 116# Trenton from Germany. Maybe 1896-1898. I think I can make out Trenton with a diamond around it. Solid Wrought. "many" so I assume Germany. 116 on the feet. And I'm not sure what it is for but a "B" maybe a "P" stamped into it. I did the ball bearing test seemed to go around 70%ish back up. Pending on what the other anvil is you think I should get this one for $100? I was in the market for 100-150# so this fits on the low end for me. (Going to kick myself if he sells it from under me and the other is a flop) Any info/feedback would help. Not sure if it is as good as I am thinking it to be.

post-47759-0-44150200-1385358735_thumb.j

post-47759-0-70309800-1385358747_thumb.j

post-47759-0-88020200-1385358757_thumb.j

You didn't buy it? Yes its a Trenton and from the picture it looks to be in good condition for less than $1 per lb! It appears to have a s/n on the foot which you can get an approximate date when it was made. The ones imported from Germany didn't have the weight on the foot, it was down on the waist under the logo.
Don't delay too long deals like that are snapped up quickly.

I looked at the feet and didn't see any markings. Might need to clear off more rust. I will most likely go and get it, just had another one to look at that was bigger, for around the same price. well it did have a 116 on the foot. Maybe it was a USA one then? I will get a better look later as it was dark out and in a dim garage during last look.

Ok, so I went an bought the Trenton 116#. Glad he didn't sell it off, the other was an ASO of 150# wanted $300. Bearing test said less then 40% bounce back. This will work for me as of now. Once I get better I might get a heavier one. Thank you all. I will clean it up and get better pictures later, maybe someone can tell me more about it then.