I Forge Iron

While Everyone Else was Deer Hunting

ripleycopa

Almost everyone else in the County disappeared into the woods on the first day of deer season (a National Holiday here locally) but I had the shop pretty much to myself and a few old timers who stopped by.  I decided to do something to fit the season so I tried my hand at making a deer antler with the idea that I might be able to make one good enough to use as a door handle for the shop.  I also tried my first spoon forge from a RR spike that might fit into the cook shack at deer camp. 

post-3397-0-38756900-1384998600_thumb.jp

post-3397-0-24513000-1384998711_thumb.jp

Almost everyone else in the County disappeared into the woods on the first day of deer season (a National Holiday here locally) but I had the shop pretty much to myself and a few old timers who stopped by. I decided to do something to fit the season so I tried my hand at making a deer antler with the idea that I might be able to make one good enough to use as a door handle for the shop. I also tried my first spoon forge from a RR spike that might fit into the cook shack at deer camp.

It's not a holiday everywhere...?
Very nice work

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice twist on the spoon handle. You need to work on the antler profiles though. Have you made RR spike steak flippers for deer camp? Steak flippers and toasting forks would be naturals at moose and caribou camps here. I ought to start hammering out a line eh?

Frosty The Lucky.