I Forge Iron

Story behind your screen name?

The better people to ask would be my parents but they are gone.   I was named after my maternal and paternal grandfathers.  I have never quite understood the rationale behind a nom de web, particularly on a website such as IFI.  I can see it in certain other places as a security measure but here it seems to be overkill.  This does not seem to be a place where there is much risk or much to hide.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand." 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frazer is my last name, my touchmark is a Z due to the spelling of it which differs from the common spelling which generally involves an "I" and/or an "S".

My first name is Brady. Yes, like Tom Brady. Fun fact my middle name is indeed Thomas... 

18 hours ago, George N. M. said:

I have never quite understood the rationale behind a nom de web

Nor did I, when I joined IFI.  The year that I joined, 2013, was one of the worst in my life, a mid-life crisis on steroids.  Anachronist58 is a reflection of rising from severe cognitive impairment, and despair.  Thus, for me, the nom de web represents my year of birth, and how I began relating to the world around me.  I usually sign isolated posts with my actual name:

Robert Taylor

36 minutes ago, Balbasarado said:

Geez do I feel foolish.

Got another one guys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been going by Frosty since pre-school and the Lucky addition is the result of surviving the birch tree. 

It's funny, Saturday a rather large group of folks moved into the 3 spaces next to us in the RV park, one class A, one class C (motor homes) and a couple commuter cars. Big family, lots of cooking and singing to a boom box in Tagalog. Didn't understand a word and they quieted down reasonably early.  Good neighbors.

Tagalog doesn't come up that often for me.  Pretty cool.

Frosty The Lucky.