I Forge Iron

Story behind your screen name?

Glenn

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welder19 is my email address, which is the name I use for everything online, and the story behind that is; when I decided I needed my own email address, my wife set it up for me, (I knew even less than nothing about computors back then) and she decided on welder because that is what it always seemed to be what I was doing in the garage, and the 19 is just her favorite number or "lucky number" as she calls it.

Jeff Hyer
welder19

Several years ago, I was setting up an email address at yahoo. At the time, I was a Correctional Officer at the local stoney lonesome. Thus, I came up with the keykeeper23 name, since I carried a big ring of keys (Large Brass ones!) on my side, and my unit number was 23 at the time.

I still use it in just about everything on the web that I do, although I dropped the unit number for use here on IFI.

aaron c.

Quite some time ago I decided that I shouldn't post anything I wasn't willing to say in person. Using my real name keeps that to mind.

The Sword Forum started with lots of cutesy names; but made the conscious decision to change to real names only as they were working to become an accepted and respected resource and especially in acadamia names like DeathDealer25 just doesn't hack it.

I am a professional puppet builder. I make all sorts of puppets, from glove puppets to mascots and everything in between. My favorite puppets to make are remote control units made for TV and movie work. For these puppets the armatures are made from metal to make them reliable and strong.

Thus, IronPuppet seemed like a good idea at the time.

Christopher

'James' was already taken. James Flannery was just too long to type all the time.
My cousin Dave had always called his lawncare service "Davco".
I wanted something short and simple (like myself!) so I became "Jayco"

And no.....I am in no way affiliated with Jayco travel trailers!

James

Well...while in college I was involved with a cool group called "Primitive Technologies". We would take two weekends out a year and go act like we knew how to live in primitive times. We would practice flint knapping, making traps and snares, bows and arrows, tried to find what was around to eat, and rubbed a few sticks together to make fire. We always had groceries and a nice bed or sleeping bag to sleep in though....not quite the real deal, but fun all the same. We called it "PrimTech" for short. and the "smith" is of course from blacksmith...

Ok...maybe I gave to much of an explaination...I am also nicknamed "prime" by several in the chat...I answer to it all.

Peyton

Like others that have answered this I use my birth name. I could never understand why folks use an alias on here as like it was said above. I want my name on my work and if I meet someone I met on line I want them to know me by name. But that's just me and we live in a country where we get to choose who we are and how we do business and pleasure.

Gosh. I feel so un-authentic, like I've been hiding behind my moniker all this time. Maybe I'm just a poser, know-it-all kid making life difficult for everyone. The name my father gave me at birth is Michael Craig Limb. There's lotsa mikes and michaels in the virtual worls, so I concatenated to first initial, middle name, last initial. I kind of like it. Sounds exotic. Maybe even Scottish or Irish or something. All english on the one side and german on the other though.

My real name is Myles Mogk, and every job I have had has given me a new nick name, from Smiles, Mylarr (apparently my pirate name) , The Mogk Monster, Myles son of Mogk (darn Trekies) and Kilometers (I live in canada)for just a few. This is the latest one and it seems to be sticking the best at my current job and with other friends.

Habu was the name given to the SR-71 aircraft by the people of the Philippines because they thought it looked like their local viper snake. I was lucky enough to have worked as a photographic interpretor in the early years of the U.S. Air Force program, 1968-72. The SR flew at 80,000 ft and Mach 3 (3,800 ft/second, faster than the muzzle velocity of a 30.06), and still holds all records for sustained speed and altitude in a production aircraft. It was the first of the "Stealth" aircraft and the last to be designed with a slide rule.

London to LA 3hrs 47min 39 sec including time to refuel at under Mach 1

SR-71 Speed Run-New York to London

Also look at www.habu.org - The Online Blackbird Museum it is a cool looking plane.

Photo of the SR-71

mtforge The name of my business is MT Forge. I worked in a factory or two as a welder and when tanks on welders or torches were empty people would write MT on them with their soapstone. Since my name is Mark Thomas my initials were all over the factory. So I came up with MT (empty) Forge for my blacksmith shop. At the shows I do it's fun to hear people come up trying to figure out if it's Mount or Mountain. It gives me a chance to talk to them which is one of the reasons I'm there.

with a birth name of "Ron Smith" nobody believes me when i tell them my name is Ron Smith, most times i get "yeah right" so i just decided to use Metalmaster1766, why because i have worked with metal almost all my life, even before i became a machinist i was always working with something made of metal, cars, bikes and whatever else, the numbers, 1766 is my DOB- Jan 7th 1966, i added them after the 1st time i tried to use the metalmaster name and it was taken, so i added the numbers

i have always joked about changing my name, to something totally abnormal, that way i DONT share a name with 400 million others,

i still get phone calls all the time, "are you the Ron Smith that does plumbing? siding? windows? the list goes on, now i just tell them im the "Metalmaster" Ron Smith

Ron