I Forge Iron

Alaska to Arizona

Eric: Glad to see you've made it safely and better still your kit made it too. Just get used to seeing Arizonans wearing parkas if the temp plummets below 50f.

How about updating your location in the header so we'll know where you've landed.

Frosty The Lucky.

Why yes!  This morning when I went to work I felt like I should have worn a long sleeved shirt and I DIDN'T need to wear my *sunglasses*!

You have my sincere sympathy Thomas but it's trials like these that strengthen us.

Frosty The Lucky.

Eric - did you move to Arizona or Alaska? - your profile says Alaska, kinda confusing since you posted in the Alaskan Blacksmithing Associations group forum.

Eric moved from Anchorage AK to some undisclosed location in Arizona. He's a teenager so expect confusing.

Frosty The Lucky.

Lol sry for the confusion I just got my profile updated. Anyway I'm hoping to go to the pieh tool place that just opened up here in Phoenix. Oh also my gramma got me a going away gift. It's a railroad track bench anvil i will get some pics when my gramma ships it to me. Oh and how's it goin frosty make anything cool?

You should go check out the goldfield ghost town just east of Pheonix by superstition mountain. Its kinda atiurist trap but there is some old metal working laying around on display and there was a shop selling items made at the smith shop there. I enjoyed looking at all the old iron equipment and the items made at the metal shop.

You should put Nov. 9 on your calendar. The AABA will be having our state demo in Tucson featuring Mark Aspery. All the details can be found on the AABA web site. This is a demo not to be missed. He will be demoing traditional joinery technecs from his new book.

Ah good, now we know where you went Eric! I'm afraid I haven't made much of anything cool recently, been busy with life stuff. I've been trying to keep at a tire hammer for Tristan but doing it a bit at a time.

You REALLY need to make the AABA meet and get in touch with the guys you now live near. Harold is a great guy, fun character and excellent smith. Thomas and I've been online friends for quite some time now, I don't know anyone with a better historical blacksmithing and iron in general library. Definately the guy to ask about doing period work.

Arizona is a favorite state of mine but you gotta like the desert in all it's faces.

Frosty The Lucky.