I Forge Iron

Twisted Handles for demo I will be doing

BOB T

Here's a few varieties of some handles I will be demonstrating in a couple weeks. They're fun to make. And I do forge weld the shafts to them(the spiral one is not forge welding to a shaft). The variations of these handles are numerous.. Up to one's imagination what you can come up with...

post-8013-0-77192800-1381543270_thumb.jp

Hans.. The  middle one you're talking about, it's pretty easy to do, it's twisted angle iron and I believe this is three-quarter inch angle. When you twist angle iron the middle is hollow in this particular size of angle iron, 3/8" round stock fits fairly snug. Peen over the end of the 3/8 so it can slide off.. You could upset in front of the twist so it doesn't move forward..

now that you have pointed out that its angle iron i can totally see how it all fits together. it makes sense now that thee is a reason why there so few gaps between the wraps. thanks for the bit of knowledge in my ever expanding understanding of the second oldest profession.

• 2 weeks later...