I Forge Iron

Time will tell

would not say poppaclutch's clock is crap as the song said, i do like it as a wall clock better but i still love it. and still say it will fall into the steam punk theme.

I like it too. Only posted the video to give some context on what exactly 'steampunk' is. Neat stuff poppaclutch.

That's really cool Poppaclutch, I like it. It should be standing on polished wood floor in a fine old Victorian parlor.

It needs more brass to pass for steampunk, of course a boiler wouldn't hurt.

Good one Bob that sums up Steampunk about as well as anything I've ever see or heard.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hummmmm. Got plenty to think about now. I like the idea about the boiler and lots of brass, but I think I've got it sold so it's just gonna have to go like that. Didn't really intend to go full blown steampunk, even tho that seems to be what lots of folks are into.

"It should be standing on polished wood floor in a fine old Victorian parlor."   (Yeah... me too!)

Thanks for all the kind words,

Rick

Thanks for the fun video.  As this is probably another arrow in the quiver of those who claim that I live under a rock, this should have been labeled as an instructional, because it's first time I've heard the term "Steampunk".   I now see why some folks propose teaching history in rap and pop music these days.

Great clock! I've been involved with steampunk for several years because it gave my wife and I needed a new creative outlet since Ren Faires was a bit stale. Here's a picture of some fantasy weapons I made last year that required some forge time for the bases.

post-35726-0-07180200-1381464351_thumb.j

Sold and gone! Success Poppaclutch, who could ask for better? Well, okay a long list of back ordered work might beat it but that'd be an awful lot like a regular paycheck job. Oh well, nothing's perfect. <grin> Oooh! I was just going to hit post when I had ANOTHER thought. A proper steampunk clock needs to sound the hours with a . . . Wait for it. . . Steam whistle! Or reasonable facsimile.

The term "steampunk" is relatively fresh but the genre has been around for more than a century. H.G, Wells is generally acknowledged as the founder of the genre with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Time Machine and a couple others, names escape me now. What he proposed as power for the nautilus was a pretty good description of an atomic reactor. All the math in his Moon shot is good and he devised water "bed" acceleration couches to survive the ride out of the big GUN.

Heck, some of the seriously proposed innovations from the turn of the past century were pure steampunk.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 weeks later...