• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It sounds great, but I'm hesitant to download it because it requires "full network access" and "view of network connections".  And when I go to download it, it has a popup that says "Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as Whether Wi-Fi is enabled" (fine, that's understandable I guess) "and names of connected Wi-Fi devices". now why would they need to know that? I'm not sure why an information and reference app would need constant Wi-Fi info but there is definitely no reason why it would need to know what other devices are connected to the Wi-Fi network.  It strikes me as very suspicious.  Has any one had any security issues with this app? Is this suspicious to any one else?

Wow; that sounds like what I had to go through to get my new phone paired with my laptop so I could use blue tooth to send picture files from my phone to my laptop.  Lots of "is this the device you want?"  from both sides.   Nice to know that other people will have great difficulties trying to get onto either system isn't it?

Cormacktim, theres nothing suspicious about that. What they ask is common for most all that comes from the playstore. Those permissions primary use is to enable auto updates. If you are concerned, you can do two things. You can shut off the permissions after downloading and/or you can disconnect from the internet and it will still work. 

If you go to "whats new", then to the bottom and click on "App permissions", read the bottom.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...