I Forge Iron

copper roses and vase

Laertius

Hard to get more personal than hand made for some one you love.
My first thaught was to put it on a wooden base with a small plaque, but they may be to commertial looking. Adding a bow would be a pta.
I think I'd be tempted to give them a nice card and be done with that. May by a small colection of pictures and your production drawings.
I'm always a fan of gifts that people use every day. That way they think of you when they use it. If you whant to add anything to this peice of art, it would be something just for him and just for her.

Thanks, I think I will see if I can get it engraved...on the base rim I hope?

I had made a small flower card all all polished out of copper to get engraved, but it takes the eyes from the vase too much.

Thanks again, if it were not for the pics and advice on this site , I could not have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the encouraging words, and advice.  I ended up not putting any visible markings on the outside, rather, I marked their names, wedding date,  and my maker mark on the bottom (underneath) with a paint stick before spraying the whole works with krylon artists fixative: a cheap not too glossy clear coat used mostly for pastel/charcoal preservation.  I really liked the way that the fixative stuck, and did not 'steal the show'....too much gloss on somethting like this would be too much I think.

Both the bride and groom were very happy with the gift, and that made it all worth it.  I think I had a bout 18 hours in total in the project, but as a prototype, I think I could reproduce it in about 1/2 to 2/3 that time.......which will happen sooner than later I think as the gf wants something similar.

I think I had a bout 18 hours in total in the project, but as a prototype, I think I could reproduce it in about 1/2 to 2/3 that time.......which will happen sooner than later I think as the gf wants something similar.

Pictures of that one too please. Perhaps even progress pics...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...