I Forge Iron

AZ Firefighter deaths

Rich Hale

I just heard this on the news this  morning. My prayers go out to all the brave people who lay their lives on the line to protect others. When this happens it strikes us all. God rest, peace to you and all yours.

Frosty The Lucky.

Very sad news as I start my first day of retirement from the San Antonio Fire Department. 

Prayers out to the Firefighters that lost their lives, their families, friends and the community that they served.

This department lost 20% of their force.

Truly a sad day.

Jerry

There will be a memorial ceremony near Prescott AZ tomorrow morning,,Tuesday.

In the past some blacksmiths have had a custom of ringing the anvil three times in honor of a passed smith.

Tomorrow I will ring my anvil, 19 groups of three taps. In honor of these young men that were killed in the line of duty.

It was a sad sight to see the 19 go by at Carefree Highway and I-17 today on their way to Prescott. Many folks lined the side of the road with US flags and banners in their honor. We just happened to be on our way home from church so we were the second car back on the off ramp for east bound Carefree Highway. My wife and I prayed for the families of those 19 young men and for the one survivor, rough days ahead for them all. May they all feel the peace of God. Jerry & Eva