Tubbe

Hinges for an old chest

Hi,

I have remade a set of hinges for an old chest belonging to my father. Not much to say other than it was a fun little project. A bit tricky to make it all fit but in the end a pretty nice result.

The rivets are made essentially as nails and assembled from the inside and then riveted cold on the outside.

Stock used: 25x4mm

20130623_1_kistan.jpg

20130623_2_kistan.jpg

20130623_3_kistan.jpg

that looks really nice tubbe - simple and good. very satisfying to breathe life into your father's old chest too :)

I like elegant objects. This is one of them. Nice, simple as Beth says and functional in more than one way : they permit opening and closing of the cover, of course,  but they also solidify the chest. And they have a way of complimentting the dovetails. A very good job. Congratulations.

Nicely Done Tubbe . Shows It Took Some Time , Looks Great . Thanks For Sharing.

Tubbe,

Nice work. I favor the fully welded hinges over the tuck and roll style, they are both stronger and cleaner looking.

Peter

Wow! Looks really cool and authentic, like the design which is perfect with the old chest. It has a very nice vintage appeal. Great job!