I Forge Iron

June 29 demo

Hey guys,
The official opening time for the event is 10:am it would be good to be set up and ready at 10:00
The event goes all day till 5:00 pm. I would like to set up a display with some things for sale . The Gordon Williams pieces for one. It is O.k. To sell your stuff at this event.
I will be there doing the Iron pour, let me know if you have any questions , it will be fun.
Pat

Sorry I haven't started this topic sooner, I seem to be preoccupied by SOMETHING. <GRIN>

My plan is to get there early enough to grab my favorite spot, in front of the trains. It's very visible on the main ring of activity and looking down one of the main walkways from the gate and food. It also has a great view of the cupola and iron pour. It's also close enough to power to run an extension cord so I can use my peanut grinder and wire wheel, etc.

I'll be meeting Sean here at around 8:30 and we're riding in together. If you're packing smithing tools they'll let you in as an exhibitor and probably make you a member. I'll be pulling my pickup in head first so I can work out of the bed and will set up a gazebo awning, whatever they're called to make shade.

If I get there early enough we'll be set up closest to the museum building and there's plenty of room for several guys to set up in an arc towards the old barn. I'm hoping a young man interested in getting started will make it out from Anchorage and I'll be giving him a shot at doing some smithing.

Yeah, I'm planning on having a ball! See you THERE!

Frosty The Lucky.

Yoooh  Frosty,

Our local news had a piece on Alaska..  They were showing how the stores are out of air conditioners...  What ?????   And your going out to demo and forge.   Have a great time .. I'm in envy... 

Forge on and make beautiful things,

Jim

That's right Jim, stores are running out of air conditioners and window fans. The weather's just been brutal, temps are reaching searing 80's, Fairbanks was forecast for low 90's but it seems the temp's abated a bit. Today it was a humanly tolerable 56f here. Deb and I bought a gazebo/canopy thingy to keep that bright yellow hot stuff off us.

I may have grown up in the high desert but didn't move here for temps in the 80's and above! I've been an Alaskan boy for some time now and start sweating above 60f.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, I LOVE doing demos. I treat it like theater and entertain folk while I show them a thing or three and explain what and why. I have everything but the larger anvil and forge loaded in the truck. Stupid overhead door's spring slipped the set screws so it's cocked and really heavy. I had to pack everything out the man door and heft it into the truck. Sean's coming over early tomorrow and we'll load the last couple things and off we go.

We throw this event every June, the weekend before the 4th of July. Plan on visiting Alaska and time it for the event, I have enough kit for the both of us. Heck, anyone out there in IFI land come o up for a visit and swap tall tales over the anvil.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty The Lucky.