I Forge Iron

Identify this one and you will want it..

post-30666-0-15238500-1371948078_thumb.jpost-30666-0-25703900-1371948143_thumb.jGreetings All,

I thought I would put up a tool I use a lot..  You may have seen one before at a flea market or garage sale and passed it up..  I will let the post ride for a while to see if anyone can ID it ..    Once I tell you what I use it for look out flea markets... I'll never be able to buy another...

Just a little fun

Jim                                                                                            

Greetings All  Its time,

This tool is used by repair companies that aligned mechanical cash registers and typewriter keys and the internal levers..  It has 3 separate radiuses and crimp fingers to tweek the levers..  It is also made as a single unit with only one form.    I use this for cold forming and tweeking flower stems, tendrils, and leaves.  I also use it for bending cages for lighting.. By simply going along the bar it will form a complete circle..  I found it to be a very valuable time saver and every time someone sees me use it they want one... Be on the look out for one..

Its been fun    Comments and questions welcome

Jim

De-Masculator is what we call it around here, the name even hurts

We call em Elastrators here but I'm thinking of the stretchers to slip elastic bands over a critter's testicles. I'm thinking what you're thinking about is more like a nipper. My one encounter with calf evaluating, branding and castrating wasn't as much fun as TV and movies made it look. Branding stinks and I foolishly showed Vern my knife was indeed scary sharp so he used MY knife, the rounded blade to be precise.

I just HAD to bring those memories back didn't I? <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings All  Its time,

This tool is used by repair companies that aligned mechanical cash registers and typewriter keys and the internal levers..  It has 3 separate radiuses and crimp fingers to tweek the levers..  It is also made as a single unit with only one form.    I use this for cold forming and tweeking flower stems, tendrils, and leaves.  I also use it for bending cages for lighting.. By simply going along the bar it will form a complete circle..  I found it to be a very valuable time saver and every time someone sees me use it they want one... Be on the look out for one..

Its been fun    Comments and questions welcome

Jim

Video please?

Frosty, do you still use "that" knife to cut jerky? ;)

What, you think I'd replace my trusty old Stockman's pocket knife? We DO know about soap and water you know. Truth is I lost that knife a few decades ago but never stopped using it for whatever needed cutting.

Frosty The Lucky.

We call em Elastrators here but I'm thinking of the stretchers to slip elastic bands over a critter's testicles. I'm thinking what you're thinking about is more like a nipper. My one encounter with calf evaluating, branding and castrating wasn't as much fun as TV and movies made it look. Branding stinks and I foolishly showed Vern my knife was indeed scary sharp so he used MY knife, the rounded blade to be precise.

I just HAD to bring those memories back didn't I? <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

ROTFLMBO