I Forge Iron

Stephen King Gate Crash

macbruce

Kind of sad to read that the person repairing the gate did not want to bring in a "forge guy". Makes me wonder about all the repair. I have seen many many gates repaired very poorly by general fabricators. Lots of fat globby electric welds holding things together. I hope all the repair on this was clean!

I for one would not touch that gate- I'm scared of weird things er. like on August 29 ,2010  the gate is struck by a 2011 car- I'd be calling Scully(X-Files) :D .  Telling him about time travel?

From the gist of the article it took the fabricator a couple of weeks, had he called in a "Forge guy" in might have been done in days, Threby possibly ruining what could possibly be a great work of fiction(he wants to be a writer) his bill.

Ian

I hadn't thought of it that way Ian, Stephan King writes bills several hundred pages long. Not living on this side of the planet I suppose you didn't know you could most certainly have bought a 2011 vehicle in August 2010. Our cars are very advanced you know, every one ahead of it's time.

Frosty The Lucky.

Car marketing seems a wonderous thing if don't let facts duff up a good story(oops I think that's the state media mantra). 

Ian

Actually it's a tax dodge and the same reason the American fiscal year starts the summer before.

Frosty The Lucky.

Good question, I wonder Witch doctor he'd use?

Frosty The Lucky.

Good one, Frosty!

Another chance to add to your already vast vocab. Shangoma= traditional healer(and occasional spell caster) & Injanga= Wizard(with some traditional medicine)

Good one, Frosty!

Another chance to add to your already vast vocab. Shangoma= traditional healer(and occasional spell caster) & Injanga= Wizard(with some traditional medicine)

Cool, thanks Ian. And here's one for you. Brujo is a wizard/shaman in Mexican Spanish, Bruja is the female form. and no guys, it's NOT from the Carlos Castenida(sp?) books, he did do SOME legitimate, non-peyote research.

Frosty the Lucky.

Some of you might be surprised to find out that there are strong ( usually same family) links between shamans and blacksmiths in places like Siberia. The blacksmith is the one who makes most of the  tools for the shaman and is also the one who leads and facilitates a new shaman`s initiation ceremony.

A few years back, I visited my brother in Redlands, CA, and we went to see the Samuel Yellin gates at the cemetery there. The large entry gates were bent, not terribly damaged, but unsightly. It would have been a real job to repair as the thick frame took some of the hit. Since the gates were still operable, I doubt whether any repair would be done. Furthermore, who was this Yellin character, anyway?

Sayings and Cornpone

C'est la Vie

C'est la Guerre

C'est la Pomme de Terre!