Sign in to follow this  
Neil Blythin

My twin baby girls

My oldest was 90 days premature, spent 120 in the hospital. She suffers a CVA at 3 says. That was just weeks before sedation became common practice.
After all the worry and prayers your not done by a long shot. I've ethe next 20+ years you'll either be so proud you can't stand you're self (like you are now) or so agrivated you can't stand them. But it will all be worth it. Even the inevitable "I hate you". Being a grand parent now, I get to be friends with my daughters, and they actively seek my advice as they struggle with being "good" parents.
Hug your wife, kiss your daughters and know that I'll still say a prayer for you now and then.

That puts a big fat smile on my old mug Neil!

Give your wife and babies big warm Frosty hug for me will you?

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm just catching this thread.  I wish you all the best and well wishes for the girls.  My twins were born at 24 weeks gestation, so I know exactly what you've been going through.  It is a tough road.  My twins are 12 years old now and are two of the smartest kids in their class.  Never give up hope, even when times are rough and things seem to be so overwhelming.  I hope Mom and the girls are well, and continue to be well.  Being a father of extreme premmies, I wish you all the best...and some peace to go along with it!