I Forge Iron

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in the Alaska area had heard anything from our local blacksmith poet Jake Pogrebinsky?  I just heard through the grape vine that his place on the Yukon in Galina had been wiped out by the recent flooding.  I sent him an Email but haven't heard anything back.

No I haven't. I've been listening to the news and knew Galina was getting slammed by the Yukon again. I haven't heard from Jake in quite a while and the last I heard about him he was traveling but I don't know where. I was thinking if he was getting slammed again we'd hear from him but not if he's not home. We need to have a talk with that boy about letting us know where he is so we don't worry.

Maybe ground him for a week.

Frosty The Lucky.

From what I've been reading it got more than slammed by the ice.  Most of the village was abandoned and they flew people out on C-130s from the old Air Force air field.  Most of the homes were knocked off their foundations or flooded with seven feet of water.  I saw a picture from NASA that was down right disheartening.  It was a big flood that covered many square miles. 

I've tried to keep up with Jake and I did let him know that if there is anything I can do to help him, I'm more than willing.  If anyone hears anything please let me know

Thanks

its ok - he is fine (amazingly) he is not near internet though bryan - so he wont be emailing for a bit i shouldnt think. he has been very lucky by the sounds of it.!

its ok - he is fine (amazingly) he is not near internet though bryan - so he wont be emailing for a bit i shouldnt think. he has been very lucky by the sounds of it.!

You're in contact with Jake, Beth? Is he on that side of the pond?

I'm thinking we're going to have to have a talk with the boy about keeping his friend up on where he is. It's no fun worrying about friends.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you so much for letting me know Beth.  Where is our poet laureate, what has he been up to?

bryan no problem at all - he is finding somewhere safe to live away from this flooded area he found himself in, but i dont really know details of what he will do when he gets there - he has his tools, i know that :) he will work something good out im sure. he is a MOST resourceful individual :) ! i know you worked with jake before - its nice you were asking after him.