I Forge Iron

4/20/13 meeting

I thought that the meeting went pretty well. I guess that we are planning to finish the grill at the meeting on July 20. Maybe we need to preplan some to have the rest of the ellements done so that we can actually finish it? Do we want to try to fasten the ellements together traditionally or just weld it and move on?
Most of the time when I am making a project I have an idea what I am makeing before I start, I am thinking that is not the case on this project, I think if we come up with a design we might be more likely to end up with a nice item.
I know this is just crazy talk but it might be something to think about.
Unfortunatelly I never got my camra out of my coat pocket so no pictures from me.

Yeah, you are one WILD and CRZY guy Mark! Plan ahead? I just don't know what to think.

I had my camera in my pocket the whole time and never even thought about it so no pics from me either. <sigh>

You're right of course, we should have a plan or this is just going to be a junk drawer of elements. As I recall we never did decide on more than a vague idea for a design. Natural elements as I recall. that could be anything from lions to butterflies, flowers or geysers. Might be fun but I don't know how well a wide open theme will work. Probably not too well unless it's a really big grill. REALLY BIG.

I believe most of what we produced were plant elements. Yes? I'm thinking joinery might depend on the elements and how they look together, how we arrange them, et.

Frosty the Lucky.