Sign in to follow this  
Timmy Charles

Finishing techniques?

How do you all finish your metal products. I just made a dinner triangle for the kiddos to hang outside, but don't want it to get all rusty and end up falling apart. What different products do you use for outdoor metals? What about indoors?

Timmy,

go look under Alchemy and Formulas, there are several threads on this subject there. Its where I started to look.

When you look in the formulas category, they should have the bees wax, turpentine, and linseed oil formula.  Also, any permalac, or clear varnish for metal should do for the outside, depending on the environment where you live.   

I had the idea awhile ago for a thread (maybe a sticky at the top of the page) that would show each technique, along with a pics of the finished results.
It seems many members have slight twists on recipies and applications, and it would be nice to see how each looks in the end.
For me, everything it simply spray painted, or sprayed with cooking oil and cooked over low heat for an hour.