I Forge Iron

Need help with Bull Hammer

I have a Bull 75 air hammer that I purchased just as they were going out of business. The problem I have is that even with the drip oiler (on the 3/4" air line) set to max, no oil is coming out the exhaust. A possible problem, and one I will try and address this week, is that I have a 1" flexible line going from the 3/4" oiler to the hammer, and that line loops downward. I guess that it is possible that the change in velocity of the air in going from the 3/4" to 1" could be causing the oil to drop out before it gets to the hammer. I've had no luck in getting a response from Tom Troszak who built the hammer. I have not used the hammer a lot, and it may just be that the oil has not made its way to the exhaust, but I am concerned about running it till I know if it is running properly or not. Anyone here have a Bull Hammer, and how much oil should I expect to see coming out of the exhaust?

Thanks,

Dave

David, I don't own a bull hammer, but I've worked in a couple of shops were that was the primary hammer. I don't recall ever having much oil coming out the exhaust. You do know that Tom's still selling basically the same hammer under the name Phoenix hammers now don't you?

Just wanted to let folks know that Tom Trozsak, the builder of the Bull and Phoenix hammers got in touch with me to help me figure out why no oil at the exhaust of my Bull 75. Toms thinks that I don't have enough hours on the hammer for the oil to have made its way to the exhaust. He also suggested a flexible line longer than the 3' I have been using to help decrease possible shock to the FLR units. So here's a vote for and positive feed back to Phoenix Hammers. Thanks to the folks here that responded to my original post.

Dave