I Forge Iron

The New Chicago Forge

JMR

Greetings JRM,

Thats a lot of SS iron on top .  I think it would be best if you put some round 3 in pads on your legs.  You will also find that you pile stuff on the surface and will need to go to outbound legs for more support on all 4 corners...

Good luck on FIRST FIRE...    and your new PW      

Jim

Greetings JRM,

Thats a lot of SS iron on top .  I think it would be best if you put some round 3 in pads on your legs.  You will also find that you pile stuff on the surface and will need to go to outbound legs for more support on all 4 corners...

Good luck on FIRST FIRE...    and your new PW      

Jim

I pretty much agree the legs are to close to center and its going to be unstable when you try to work at it.... Move legs further out would make it safer... Lots of cantilever weight  with top so much wider that "stance"....

Dale

I prefer four legs with spreaders supporting a utility shelf underneath, myself. As already mentioned you have too narrow a base of support as close as your legs are and only three gives it a close tip angle in three directions.

So, nothing new from me, wider legs minimum and I'd make it four. Darned pretty though, let's see it with some dirty old coal on it and smoke. Yeah, SMOKE!

Frosty The Lucky.