I Forge Iron

Where to buy coal in MN?

Where to buy coal in MN?
In northern MN, I know about R.T. Duggan Co. and I know about TradeWinds Heating Air Conditioning Fireplace LLC.
However I would prefer a closer supplier, and would like to know what you guys think.
What is the going rate per 50 pound?
Also I know soft bituminous coal is good is Anthracite coal OK? 
THX in advance

Hey there -- I am in Thunder Bay On -- north f you, and the best suggestion I found putting out this question was to join the Norther MN metalsmiths association (google it there are contacts on their page).....if you join the club you can buy coal from them at a good price.  I cannot say how good it is as I have not tried it yet (waiting to take a trip south to Norhthouse Folk School for a course)....

Jon

I have heard that bituminous can sometimes be gotten in Duluth, but the guy I heard that from was less than impressed with the quality. I don't know any of that first hand, so take it all with a grain of salt. On a different note, I've heard nothing but good about the Northern Minnesota Metalsmiths (the club itself, not just their coal). Might be worth contacting them; if you can't buy their coal, they might know another source.