I Forge Iron

cough?

Dabbsterinn

Give the forge a miss until you are feeling better, a lung full of smoke or fumes is only going to make things worse. Add to which if you are feeling off or tired  then that is the time you are liable to have an accident.

Wayne

I am not sure a medically trained professional would give advice over the internet, or would give advice without seeing the patient. 

We push safety because we do not want you injured or unable to work at the forge and anvil.

A little cough never stopped me, but I've never been accused of being all that smart. ;)  My theory, all that smoke killes the bad stuff and the shock waves created from the hammer strikes loosen it up.  By the end of the day you'll be cured! :lol:

I guess you must smoke at least two packs of Chesterfields a day with a couple of packs of Camels thrown in :huh:

I guess you must smoke at least two packs of Chesterfields a day with a couple of packs of Camels thrown in :huh:

Terrible thing smoking is but I love it.  But this has to be my last year.  Starting January 1, 2014, I will be charged an extra $5,000.00 for my health care policy because I am a smoker over the age of 60 according to Obamacare.    One more of my free choices out the window.

Next is going to penalties for occupational hazards like burning coal.  Mark my words.

Posted · Hidden by Steve Sells, February 5, 2013 - promoting ilegal drigs
Hidden by Steve Sells, February 5, 2013 - promoting ilegal drigs

They get you for smoking tobacco but not medical hemp because the doctor prescribes that so perhaps all you need to do is give up Joe Camel and take up Mary Jane? Give up coal and take up charcoal or propane, there are always a couple of choices out there, heck maybe even solar fired forges are in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

If you keep smoking, you might not make January 1, 2014.  Or, you won't be able to work at your forge for very long before you run out of breath.  I don't understand why people do terrible things that they know are really not good for their health. Stop now and enjoy your days on this earth and you won't mind Obamacare.  Then Obamacare will take care of you after probably 40 plus years of smoking and you won't be charged $5,000.00 extra.   

Guest 569ec1a27ea4c874823ed052defdc5bc

This is becoming a political rant. The OP has been advised to seek more qualified health information. Nuff said