I Forge Iron

RR Spike knife tutorial

JPH

Howdy!!

Just posted a tutorial on making rr spike knives on my website at:

http://www.atar.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=24&MMN_position=33:21

some of the pics aren't that great (will be replaced with better pics once I do the next "batch") and the article will be tweeked here and there a bit but it's up...

Thought ya all might want to know..

JPH

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, not just the spike knife but your site and books as well. I've been heating~beating metals for a long time and didn't realize the wealth of info available till finding Iforge & Anvilfire. What a great bunch of people I have found!!

Howdy...

Thank you for the kind words...they are most appreciated.

On the RR spike knives..these are really a quickie for me...like 10 mins from start to finish. This is in batches of 5.

I use my LG for the flattening of the head and grip area and after that it's my 8lb cross pein for the blade and my 4 lb cross pein for the final shaping...these go really quick...

I use these to teach basic bladesmith work...they are cheap to use so if you screw up a half dozen or so..who cares???

JPH