I Forge Iron

Anvil Magazine

Farmall

Was wondering if anyone knew how to get in touch with the owner? The web page is up, but the contact info does not work.....email just bounces back as undeliverable. I am trying to get a copy of the July through October 2001 articles on restoring a colonial type post vise by Peter Ross.

Thanks for all the replies so far.  They have all been helpful.  However, I would like to get copies of all 4 parts of the article that was in 4 issues - July 2001, August 2001, September 2001 and October 2001.  As dkunkler pointed out, Part 4 is already on Iforgeiron.  As to calling Peter Ross, I have emailed hm.  If you have these copies of the magazine, I'd love to borrow them to make copies.

I did a quick search and apparently the issues are digitized (1996-2001).

Heres July 2001 in the section about a post vise with pictures (at bottom): http://www.anvilmag.com/smith/107f2.htm

Go here for the rest of the issues: http://www.anvilmag.com/bi.htm

EDIT: Nevermind. They only have part 1 up and viewable. I now see the problem. Wish I could help further.

Is this the magazine that was published in Georgetown, CA? I know one of the smithing magazines was published in my area, but it was closed/closing down about the time I moved up here, so I'm not terribly familiar with it.  If this is the correct publication, I may know how to get in touch with the owner.

I did a quick search and apparently the issues are digitized (1996-2001).

Heres July 2001 in the section about a post vise with pictures (at bottom): http://www.anvilmag.com/smith/107f2.htm

Go here for the rest of the issues: http://www.anvilmag.com/bi.htm

EDIT: Nevermind. They only have part 1 up and viewable. I now see the problem. Wish I could help further.

I had a lifetime subscription, and Rob sent me a username and password after it went digital, but that no longer seems to work either. It did a couple years ago, but no longer. Guess there is no longer any maintenance on the site.

Is this the magazine that was published in Georgetown, CA? I know one of the smithing magazines was published in my area, but it was closed/closing down about the time I moved up here, so I'm not terribly familiar with it.  If this is the correct publication, I may know how to get in touch with the owner.

I believe it was, The owners name was Rob Edwards. I know he regularly served as a farrier for the Tevis Race, so he was likely in that area. I'll go look at my dusty archives and see if I come up with anything.

I never heard of a leg vise aficionado, but if there is such a thing, I am he.

I have the four articles from 2001. James Melchor is the senior author. I also have four pages w/line drawings of Tom Latane's ideas on the forging of a small leg or bench vise using traditional techniques. The four articles comprise about 30 pages. You can also find an associated article on line: http://njba.abana-chapter.com/timvise.htm. This was written by Tim Suter of New Jersey.

I can photocopy the Ross articles and the Latane article and forward them to you, if you want to PM your postal address to me. I would charge you $20.00 for the whole shootin' match, including postage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I usually don't revive old threads but in this case I'm making an exception.

I signed up for the online version of Anvil Magazine. All the pages of the web site are working however I have not heard anything from them regarding my user name and password for days. I sent an email to the contact us page and it was returned as undeliverable. I then sent an email to the email address listed on my PayPal receipt rob@sebastianpublishing.com it also came back as undeliverable.

I wish I had seen this thread before subscribing. Does anyone have more current information on Anvil Magazine (or Rob Edwards) because I would love to be able to access the archives. If the site is actually out of order, I will have to file a claim with PayPal but would rather have a working subscription.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after filing a PayPal claim, I was contacted by the Anvil Magazine site administrator Tremaine Parsons (sierrasoft@att.net).

I was given a password and username, which works fine and I now have full access to the magazine archives. If you have a subscription that is not working you might contact the admin. at that address.