I Forge Iron

what-zit?

100_0005.jpgWhat is this exactly? I have 2 of these my uncle brought home from work in the early 1960's. He worked at the old C&O railroad car shops(blacksmith shop) in Raceland Kentucky. I improvised a hardy& small horn and used both as anvils for many years.I still use them as upsetting/swaging blocks. They are 10in.x16in. x10in. in height and weigh about 70 lbs.Anyone know how they were used?

2555.attach

2556.attach

my thumbnails won't "click---I'm doing something wrong--I just know it!--HELP!!!

Post your image to the IForgeIron Gallery then view the image you want to post. Right click on that image from the gallery. Copy the BOTTOM URL from the pop up box. Now return to the forum and paste that URL into the lower box on the "manage attachments" section of your post and click the lower "upload" button. Click the "manage attachments" button again and repeat as needed for more images to be added. When your finished you must scroll up and click on "submit" to add or submit the post to the forum.