I Forge Iron

• 3 months later...

well folks its been fun, but since a few feel its not worth their effort to attend or even read the reposts of knife chats, and some even stated they would rather read wikipedia, than the sticky's I and others have worked hard to produce, I am done.   I know what my time is worth.

thanks to those that did show up,

Steve

It has been fun as Steve said..We both enjoyed seeing the few folks that followed along progress.

An issue for me is that with a few hundred folks that visit the forums everyday it takes almost a week for a 100 to view wot we post after doing the knife chat.

I think I for one thought there would be more interest.

Man this stinks!!!  Im just getting into this.  Just found the sight to even two weeks ago, and have been trying to sort my way through all of this vast knowledge.  I for one, even being a newby, greatly appriciate the stuff that you guy have written down here.  Im kind of a slow learner, but believe if man made it, surely with the right knowledge I can too.  I hope to be able to communicate with you guys, and maybe every once in a while pick your brains.  I still trying to work my way through getting everything ready.  I just read the article about forming the face of the hammer, so as to move metal without  making the marks.  And to be able to move metal faster with the pein.  My goal is to be able to make something to pass on to my son, and as a project too spend time with him (he's 11 and loves knives as much as me).  My final goal is to do damascus welding I really love those knives.  

Thanks again

Mike Protzman   Savannah,Mo

We understand lIfe happens, thats why we reposted the chats into the forum.  Rich and I have ran this and have many hours of classes posted.  its time for a break.  We will continue to help those that are working toward bladesmithing, those that dont want to read the classes dont have to.

Rich and Steve , thanks for taking the time to help ! While I was only able to look in a couple times I did try different things you talked about with fair results. Time has been very limited for me due to work and family but I'm hoping to see it open up a little this year.

Here are some pictures of finishing a couple forged blades I have made since the interest has bit me.

Some cable Damascus and some forged and filed. No knife grinder yet so its all file work and hand hand grinder but I enjoy doing it. Also got out the rifflers and added embellishments to the spine of a couple of them.

Dick

Some of us just have to got to bed early as I personally have to be at work at 6am. I personally would not trust Wikipedia over you two. I know how much extra time and effort teachhing anything takes over just getting the work done. Thanks for all you did!!

• 2 months later...

Sad to hear about the knife chat.  Just finished reading through the class material posted and find it very valuable information.  I know I learned a few things and can't wait to put them into practice.  Sorry I wasn't around, but as Mr. Sells has stated, Life Happens.   I hope that the less than receptive efforts you gentlemen have received doesn't sour your drive or willingness to educate others.

Keep on keeping on.

-Bruno

P.S.: wikipedia is great resource for a quick unreliable answer to a question people don't really care about. <_<