I Forge Iron

Pexto stake stand

I have some large pexto stakes that will not fit my anvil. (120# baby)  Anyone have a good Idea on a way to mount it securly for work? I thought of augering a hole in a stump, putting a metal plate over it and filing a square hole in the plate.

Ideas?

I've lucked out in that I own two pexto stake plates, the first one cost me $25 about 8 years ago, the second was under $10---earlier this year! The first was sold to me by a smith that was winding down; but wanted his equipment to be used---he sold it to me for the price he paid for it years before. The second one was at a scrapyard about 8 miles from my house. They were shifting the pile and I was walking over dirt that had been underneath a mountain of scrap for many years and spotted a "square hole". Digging it out I found it was a PEXTO 982 stake plate in *mint* condition. The owner not being in, the fellow left in charge charged me scrap rate for it---$10 for all I got that day.(BTW both of these were sourced in New Mexico a place that is pretty much a desert of metalworking tools) I find e-bay generally a terrible place to find stuff if you are on a budget. I have seen stake plates go pretty cheap at school surplus auctions in Ohio. Also ask at places that buy out old factories and sell off the machinery. Old small stuff can often be had cheap as they don't want to mess with it.