I Forge Iron

Armouring demo Nov. 24th and more

There's a number of notices that have been posted to the Notices section of the new OABA website, so I won't go into them all, but in particular I wanted to point out the Armouring demonstration at Thak's on Nov. 24th, this is a rare chance to learn about making armour from a world-class expert, and for an extremely low price. As they say, tickets are going fast. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too...although I'm obviously too late for the 24th. Does anybody know anything about the demo next weekend in Kitchener? Specifically, what the times are? The info on the OABA website seems to somewhat contradict itself. I'm coming from the east end of Toronto and even if it's a 1 hour demo by one person, I'm going to go but I can't seem to figure out how long it's going to be. I need to make arrangements for babysitting and although my wife is interested in my new hobby, I'm not sure she'd be interested in watching 4 - 8 hours of blacksmithing demonstrations.

I noticed that too...although I'm obviously too late for the 24th. Does anybody know anything about the demo next weekend in Kitchener? Specifically, what the times are? The info on the OABA website seems to somewhat contradict itself. I'm coming from the east end of Toronto and even if it's a 1 hour demo by one person, I'm going to go but I can't seem to figure out how long it's going to be. I need to make arrangements for babysitting and although my wife is interested in my new hobby, I'm not sure she'd be interested in watching 4 - 8 hours of blacksmithing demonstrations.

Chriskindl is a public event. We have different people demonstrating to the public each day, and they'll be doing it most of the day. I've sent you a PM with a contact who can give you more specifics.

In terms of OABA meetings, the next one won't be until February at Waldie's (Milton).