I Forge Iron

Forge Blower

Well my forge blower packed it in today. It's seems to have reached the end of it's second life (It was originally from a clothes dryer). Since I'm now in the market for a replacement I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the 164 CFM model that Kayne and Sons sells (see link below). I'd like to get something that will last for a while. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

Blacksmiths Depot | 164 CFM Blower

G'Day Reoryx ,
mate , all youse realy need mate is a Vac motor , lite dimmer switch & away youse go ...... :)
I run a 240 v single phase ( Australia ) 1500 w vac motor hooked to a lite dimmer switch , tad on the noisy side , but youse get used ta that after awhile . Had this set up for comin' on 9 yrs now without any bother

Dale Russell

Here's one for the believe it or not category. I bought a $10 hair drier. I opened it up and unplugged the heating element then put it back together. I wired it through a dimmer switch for speed control. It has seen regular use for 3yrs. and it is still running!

Donnie, that looks like an excellent choice. Although I haven't used that specific one, I've gone through many blower configurations and much prefer the paddle wheel fan arrangement such as this for a forge blower. Strong and relatively quiet. You can put a gate inline or use the existing inlet gate. I don't think you will be disappointed.