I Forge Iron

My Aunt

Rick Barter

All,

Awhile back I posted a message asking for your prayers and thoughts for my Aunt who was diagnosed with colon cancer.

I am happy to report that she is doing well. I want to thank you for your prayers and thoughts. And now I'll let her tell it in her own words from an email she sent out today:

-------

Yes, I'm writing again but only with awesome news!! I went to the oncologist today expecting to hear about when I would start the next round of chemo (which I was told was going to happen). He was so excited about the results from the surgery and said "NO CHEMO AT THIS TIME"-"There is nothing to treat at this time"!!! This is also the doctor that told me to expect that when I had the surgery that they would find something in there!! Can you feel my excitement!! I am so blessed!! If you know anyone that doesn't believe in the power of prayer please have them call me!!

So, now it's a CAT scan in a couple of months!! Compared to chemo, that is awesome!

I am just praising God and thanking him for all of you. You have no idea what you have done for me thru God!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Love, Pam

• 1 year later...

It is with great sadness and regret that I inform you all of the passing of my Aunt, Pamela J. Labrie.

I know she appreciated all the prayers from everyone and spent the last year fighting cancer, living, loving, and enjoying her family and friends, especially her grandson, Connor. Thank you for your thoughts and wishes.

This beautiful, warm, courageous wife, mother, aunt is a monumental inspiration to my life. I only hope I can live it with as much vigor and purity as she did. She will never know how sorely she is missed.

Her obituary may be found here: {m.name} - Obituaries

Goodbye, Auntie Pam. I love you.