I Forge Iron

Bronze forgings

myloh67

And good job to you. I particularly like Galileo... if you look through a telescope from the big end do things appear to be upside down and small? And if so how would you know if a star was upside down, let alone prove it? If I continue this train of thought I will derail!
A provocative piece both in artistry and craftsmanship.
That's a clever bit of work with the beak and eyes too.

I like them all round, especially the bird. It makes me think of Alfred Hitchcock dreaming of zombi robot birds.

What's the alloy? What heat did you forge at or did you cold forge and anneal often? I've been hankering to forge some bronze lately but haven't gotten to it.

Well done, all round.

Frosty the Lucky.

Cheers all of you..
The telescope was for exhibition organised by the Irish Artist Blacksmith Association of which I am a board member. The aim was to have members exercise creativity, the idea was to have a competition with professional and amateur categories, and to tie it all in we created a theme, the Titanic. The results were diverse and exciting. All work on display had a paralell, all work was not known about until delivery and set up of exhibit. I hosted the forge-in and exhibition called "Titanic Inspirations" and made the skeleton of a life boat 4ft in length. This I prepared in advance. The smiths that came had to complete the boat over the course of the weekend. The work will travel for a 8 week exhibition to Titanic museum Belfast at the begining of November. This year is the centenary of the demise of the vessel. I will replicate this post in a different category with links to our facebook page and throw some images up as I know you all love pics.. quite partial myself.
Best
M