I Forge Iron

400 Lb Anvil on Kijiji

This was just posted on Kijiji Ontario:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-hand-tools-409-POUND-ANVIL-WOW-WOW-HUGE-blacksmith-ferrier-W0QQAdIdZ404725116

409 Lbs listed for $1,150 in Granton, ON (near London).

THIS IS A BIG ONE...VERY UNUSUAL...I CAN DELIVER TO A SHIPPER 45 MIN AWAY...MANITOULIN TRANSPORT..LONDON , ONTARIO....VISIT THEIR WEBSITE FOR COSTS....WEIGHT IS 409 POUNDS...PICS CLEARLY SHOW CONDITION...HAS A NICE RING...15" TALL....36" LONG....TOP PLATE IS 5" X 23"....BASE IS 14" X 13"....TOP SQUARE HOLE IS 1 1/4" SQ AND ROUND HOLE IS 1/2".....UNSURE OF MAKER. MAKE ME A GOOD OFFER AND ITS YOURS!!!!!!!!

I think this guy is flipping it. Just 1 day earlier it was listed for $300 in a different town. I emailed the seller but I guess this guy beat me to it.

Oh really, is it the same one? Was listed in Kitchener, 300 Lbs for $300? When I saw that one, it had only been listed for about 4 hours. I replied immediately but never heard back. By the following morning, the ad was down.

If that's the case, I've got to say I don't think very highly of the guy that's trying to flip it. The word "jerk" comes to mind.

Yes Neil, I believe this is the same one. I recall seeing the raised lettering on the one in Kitchener. I could make out the word 'ALL' but that was it as the anvil was sitting on its side. I asked the seller to tell me what the rest of the words were but he never replied. There was the same blue paint on the base of of the one in Kitchener as well.

The guy from Graton lists anvils quite often. I'm guessing he scours Kijiji and farm auctions to flip them.