I Forge Iron

Jewelry anyone???

Hillbillysmith

Thank you!
I did make the chains and I made the fittings and everything as well, Im sort of a nut about making things in their entirety ha ha!
Thats good to here mate that makes two of us that do everything ,its good to be indipendent not dependant on anyone .
Heres a shield i made a while ago i used most of the arts i had a go at a bit of forming , engraving , repousse , chassing ,
inlaying and overlaying hope you like .
Chris100_1030_0001.jpg

Sorry for the slow reply Chinobi, I can only read the monitor for short times but I'm getting better. Anyway, we were torch enameling copper after using copper wire to make patterns/shapes, etc. and driving the shape into the copper sheet from the back to provide little dikes.

I'll be messing around some here at home, maybe trying the forge as a kiln-like heat source. Still, I probably won't be doing any of the fancier enameling, heck I don't know the names even. <grin>

Frosty the Lucky.

Nice looking chains, is that Viking weave or knit? Looks really good. One of my son's friends wanted me to make a Thor's Hammer but I feel that as a follower of Christ it is something I should not be making but that is sure nice workmanship you all got going there.

Thank you very much and yes those are Viking knit chains.

Hey the Vikings made both check out the photo, it's a soapstone casting mold for both Thor's hammers and Crucifixes.
They knew how to accommodate the customer ;)

I am just teasing you! I do get where you are coming from, though I am not Christian and I see it the other way around (a little). Making religious symbols that aren’t your own could feel in a way like honouring a god or gods that aren’t your own. Anyway, thanks again for the complement and cheers!

post-24628-0-70195000-1346454236_thumb.j

During that transitional period in the homeland of the Norse before they were forced to become Christian by the king they were often of both faiths in the same household. I do have a problem with forced conversion, that just ain't proper you know. I don't care for that at all it must be of your own volition or not at all for it to work. I have seen that far to often in history for me to have any desire to have a part of that. I don't care what the religion it is or politics for that matter, just ain't right.
Nice old mould, thanks for posting it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply Chinobi, I can only read the monitor for short times but I'm getting better. Anyway, we were torch enameling copper after using copper wire to make patterns/shapes, etc. and driving the shape into the copper sheet from the back to provide little dikes.

I'll be messing around some here at home, maybe trying the forge as a kiln-like heat source. Still, I probably won't be doing any of the fancier enameling, heck I don't know the names even. <grin>

Frosty the Lucky.

No worries Frosty, I was on vacation all last week anyway so I've been totally MIA myself. I had to google them up myself to make sure I had them straight in my head too :D

• 1 month later...

Jewelry? Whatever I made from copper, embedding stones is easy in bezel.

post-24740-0-87752500-1351374467_thumb.j post-24740-0-89748700-1351374496_thumb.j post-24740-0-83346800-1351374526_thumb.j post-24740-0-32842700-1351374735_thumb.j post-24740-0-69646700-1351374773_thumb.j post-24740-0-84620800-1351374813_thumb.j post-24740-0-82591300-1351374947_thumb.j

Working in copper is cheap and easy. Even when something does not spoil the damage is thrown away. I would, give you a link on a forum where I describe to people how to do it, but my language is difficult to translate, though there are many pictures and tutorials.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks gentlemen.

I made some of these jewels to try out the market, unfortunately, there was no interest. One pendant has received my wife, and the other gave away a friend. The problem is such that know I how do this, and do not know how to sell :)

It is possible, but everything is written in Polish -> http://www.srebrnie.pl/index.php