I Forge Iron

new and looking for others around peterborough ontario

hello everyone. I am just getting stuff together to start blacksmithing. I live in peterborough Ontario and I am looking for others that are around to meet and ask questions etc. also if anyone has tools or an anvil let me know.
I am going to pick up my forge this weekend

thanks
Cory

I am a fair way away here in Hamilton but if you are in the area you are welcome to drop by. You should join OABA we have monthly meetings around the province and it is often the best way to meet people who are in your own backyard. We have a workshop with Brian Brazeal coming up in the fall and I believe a couple spots have recently opened up, even if not you can attend as a spectator.

On the off chance it isn't obvious, OABA's website is www.ontarioblacksmiths.ca.

You may want to check out Lang Pioneer Village, they have a blacksmiths shop.

OABA has a few members around Peterborough, although I don't think any of them other than Josh (who is only very loosely from around Peterborough) monitor this forum.

In terms of professional blacksmiths, have you checked out Dragon's Forge?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. My names Chris Kent and Im out near the belleville/ napanee area. I am still starting out. Trail and error and spending a lot of time fixing mistakes. I am not a prefessional. If you are interested your more than welcome to come out this way to try things out and make some tooling. Just chip in for coal or pro pro. I dont have any large equpiment just lots of elbow grease.

On the off chance it isn't obvious, OABA's website is www.ontarioblacksmiths.ca.

You may want to check out Lang Pioneer Village, they have a blacksmiths shop.

OABA has a few members around Peterborough, although I don't think any of them other than Josh (who is only very loosely from around Peterborough) monitor this forum.

In terms of professional blacksmiths, have you checked out Dragon's Forge?

Right on! thats me! do you know where the indian river reptile zoo is? I live 5 minutes north west of there

Hey. My names Chris Kent and Im out near the belleville/ napanee area. I am still starting out. Trail and error and spending a lot of time fixing mistakes. I am not a prefessional. If you are interested your more than welcome to come out this way to try things out and make some tooling. Just chip in for coal or pro pro. I dont have any large equpiment just lots of elbow grease.

thanks Chris. I may take you up on that. I work in Cobourg so I am close to Belleville most days.