I Forge Iron

Do you listen to music while forging?

What SoCal Dave said...If I'm beltin it, muffs are on. I'll take them off for finer/quieter work. Any grinding or loud noise/high freq, muffs are on. That happens too regularly during a day in the shed for music to be enjoyable. Muffs on, muffs off, muffs on etc. I find music is for driving, when your driving usually involves hours in any direction, so beltin metal, no. Behind the wheel, definate yes, and anything from Beetles/Roy Orbison/Glen Cambell era though to Creed/AC DC/Nickleback, etc (well, got grown-up kids, they learned me :D)

I listen to the local radio station, a nice mix of music and keeps you up to date of what is happening in the area.
It does have its draw backs though - this morning they played the theme song from Robin Hood prince of thieves and then announced that it is twenty one years since it hit No1 in the British charts :(

Griley - my anvil sings for me!! i love that :) personaly i always sing for sounds - if you cant hear it you can Feel it - thats the beauty. only at the fire though, if im at the anvil, no need, im with GRiley :)

Stereo in the shop. Four speakers inside and two outside. Sirius - 60s, 70s, classic vinyl, blues, coffeeshop and an occasional dose of bluegrass... If I am outside or in the shop the music is on. No ear plugs at the anvil. Muffs on with power tools though.

Stereo in the shop. I listen to local FM Hard Rock stations, though sometimes I'll bust out some Sabbath, killswitch engaged, mudvayne, avenged sevenfold or the like. It's amazing how light my hammer gets with the right mood music.

Run through the Godsmack play list and see if that don't get you fired up for beating the heck out of something.

Gotta have tunes, turn on Pandora first thing in the a.m. We listen to just about everything, metal, rap,bluegrass, country, blues, Sinatra, depends on what we are doing. The volume starts out pretty low, but by the end of the day is cranked up! Ear plugs are a must!