Daniel.85

Home build induction heater

4 hours ago, Errorgance said:

we're all lucky that you're still sane!

I was never that, but a little insanity is great for the creative soul. Or vice versa... ;)

I've really missed working on this project and I hope that soon others will be able to make use of it! I just wanted to post a couple updates here.

cooling1.jpg]
I've got it hooked up to a decent chiller now. No more pond pump and the 5-gallon bucket with a small computer fan radiator. Although that worked quite well.

cooling2.jpg

cooling3.jpg
I also set the whole thing up on a rolling metal cart from Sam's Club. This was perfect, lots of room on the bottom for the chiller, a small area for spare coils and a shallow top for the induction heater to sit.

IMG_3029.jpg

I'm now working on the firmware.

"To Infinity and Beyond!" - Buzz Lightyear

Another video, this one goes over the basic functionality of the machine. Not how to use it but more how it works on a high-level. I'll be making videos of each component/system and how they specifically work individually, this is more a walkthrough of how they all work together. (And don't worry, I'll get a microphone before making those videos.)

Have a great weekend everyone! 

I’ve been away but came back looking for this thread. So happy it’s coming out well. I have gotten my induction forge back up and going and have been really enjoying it. 

Super cool that you’ve been successful.