I Forge Iron

July 3, 2012 WV Storms and Blueprints

Glenn asked me to have someone run tonights blueprints.

Storms ripped through WV Friday taking out power and blowing trees over. Temps in the high 90s all week.
Glenn has no power, no water, no utiltiies at all. His road was blocked from Friday pm till Monday. Estimates are now Sunday before WV is back on the grid.
Glenn and family are ok and wanted me to tell others..

We now have electric crews from 22 other states working on restoring the power in WV. For some residents this is now a week with no electric. No electric and 100*F heat each day for a week, with 2-3 more days of the heat according to the weather service. WV is a rural state and no electric means no power to run the pump for the water well, so no water either. Most folks lost the contents of the refrigerators and freezers in the first couple of days.

Wildlife coming out of the woods looking for water in the creek, but the creek is dry due to the heat and lack of rain. There are some deep(ish) holes in the creek so water is available for them.

Our electric came back on Tuesday and we are tolerating the heat.

Sorry you had to live through this Glenn. Glad to hear you and your family are OK. Without electric power in that heat must be as bad on people as when we lost power in the cold a couple of years ago.

• 1 month later...