I Forge Iron

So you want to build a horse

THANK YOU : Mac Bruce, Dick , Ciladog and Double y,  for those encouraging words  and to  every one else whose comments helped me on what I consider a most enjoyable journey Thank you so much . I will remember this one forever.

I will post some of my next  piece of work in  late Sep. Take Care,  and look after yourselves.

Andrew

• 11 months later...

Andrew, I have only just caught up with this project of yours. Mate, I'm absolutely blown away. Can't find the words to describe the beauty of this creation. I have spent some time looking over your pics and identifying all the parts - the tinsnips, the cultivator points, D shackles, gears, cogs, towballs, the drill tips down the mane ... all things I use in my scrap sculptures, but your skill in placing them so perfectly makes me feel sadly lacking. You are indeed the king of scrapology!!
I bow to your Greatness! And doubly so cos you're Australian! Onya mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ausfire and David for the kind words. I have just now completed 2 months into a third horse . This one Im having a lot of trouble with,  as the horse will be executing a tight left turn so its feet will not be vertical but rather pointing outwards from the turn direction..... also its spine will be curved into the turn  .So I stupidly thought I would build a vertically aligned horse then tilt the body into the turn . the trouble with this theory is that the two web trusses that support the horse from the frame (attached to the main pole) would also be tilted inward . It only occurred to me much later that the web trusses only work if they are vertical. so my: "  build a standard horse then tilt it " would not work . the next problem is that all my measurements that I use for the horse shape are taken from points on the steel web trusses(from the blueprint drawing )...... so by tilting the horse but not the web truss . all my old  3d reference points are now wrong .................Im loving the challenge but its taking 3 times as long. should be my best yet if I pull it off.  I will post some pics when I solve this one. cheers and my appologies for not responding to your post sooner. andrew