I Forge Iron

Chili Forge Habanero unboxing and review <photo heavy>

Daniel.85

After much reading and research I decided to go with a chili forge, other companies make great forges as well but for me Chiliforge seemed like a good choice. I have to say that from the first phone call to the last Stacie at chili forge was the nicest person I have ever interacted with on the phone. Her personality and customer service are just as much a benefit to the company as the awesome work done on the forges, I was very impressed and always in a good mood when I got off the phone. I highly recommend them to anyone.

I had originally ordered and paid for the single burner Tabasco but through what Stacie called a happy accident I received the 2 burner Habanero! I called to let them know of the error and they said it was an accident but I could keep it, I can still run just 1 burner still as well.

I have not gotten a chance to use it much since I am still building the workshop at my house and have to store it at my moms farm. From what I have done though its awesome, heats up fast even at just 3psi. I run both burners to heat it up then just run 1 burner since I'm just doing smaller work at the moment. Once I get it set up and have a thermocouple I will do more detailed reviews of temp/time/heating different size stock. I have a 40lb tank ordered, the 20lb tank is too small and can freeze up but It still ran great and hardly lost any fuel, very efficient burners, eventually I'll run 2 40lb's.

The forge came UPS in 4 boxes
2012-05-25213430.jpg
2012-05-25213559.jpg

Floor and side plates and an extra protective plate if I do any forge welding.
2012-05-25213720.jpg

Habanero
2012-05-25214102.jpg
2012-05-25214405.jpg

2012-05-252153081.jpg

2012-05-25215624.jpg

photo.jpg

I approve!
photo4.jpg

2012-05-26220149.jpg
2012-05-26220830.jpg

Couple hooks and a bottle opener.
2012-05-29100240.jpg

I have a single burner Tabasco forge from 2006 and love it. Their customer service then was superb and recently contacted them with a query. I got an answer the following day. I would thoroughly recommend Chiliforge and would even buy another forge from them; but I do not need too because mine still runs beautifully !

I've never heard a bad thing about Chiliforge. Here's a perfect example of why a business should have a NICE lady answering the phone, everybody reacts better to a nice person and even better yet to a nice lady.
Enjoy the heat.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 11 months later...

Mudman, I do not personally have one myself but, the Chile Forges are built just north of San Antonio in San Marcos.  David is a member of Balcones Forge and there are a lot of the members with his forges.  I see them quite ofted at our events and it addition to working very well they seem to hold up to hauling around to the different events.  If I were buying a gas forge, from what I have seen, I would definately go with a Chile.  Good luck, Jerry

I just set up my Habanero Forge 2 weeks ago and I can't believe how much I love it.   One of the best decisions I have made.    I had been using a coffee can forge using a design I found on the  net and I can't believe how much more efficient that it is.   It heats better and the steel seems to soak up the heat so I have more forging time per heat.   I also use a Charcoal forge but unless I run into a SHTF situation where propane is no longer available I don't know how much use the charcoal forge will see.

• 4 months later...

Just ordered my Habanero from Chile Forge today!  Had the chance to use one at a knife making demo a few weeks ago and was very impressed.  Been looking at several makes and models over the last few months and - at least for me - this was the best combination available.

The absolute nicest and most helpful folks I have ever dealt with both on the phone and via e-mail.....more patience than I would have had in dealing with my many questions.

Now the wait begins...guess I better get the shop squared away and ready!

• 3 weeks later...

My first choice would also be the chili however my wife surprised me with a single burner bladesmith forge for my birthday. Its just like the chili just square and the opening is smaller and goes threw the forge, thankyou my love. I have had it since august 28. So I have a question, have you played around with the air flow slide much on the burner? I installed a psi regulator and run my around 8 psi. 

Sorry Mudman I didn't see this till just now, the forge is working great but its not mine anymore, sold it to a guy around here when I started using induction, he has been using it quite successfully from what Ive seen. His name on here is MoMatt and he's posted some of his work from time to time.

Ive kicked around the idea of ordering another one someday though, but no need for it yet.

Still loving my Tabasco.  I've ran over 100 lbs. of propane through mine since January and it's still going strong,

I'm currently saving up my nickles & dimes for a Cayenne, don't need the second burner, but could use the extra space and larger openings for some of the work I do.

chile_zps02a63da9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just today contacted by Megan at Chile Forge - new Habanero ships next week - that was pretty darn fast!

I'll let you all know how it goes when I get it - really excited about this and just at the right time too.

Been getting my shop ready and it gave me an excuse (like I needed much of one!) to pick up some new 'stuff' for the shop.

Dean

• 5 years later...