I Forge Iron

Buffalo 200 "silient" blower

Buying a blower I like to be in the $50 range. Selling one is a different story. I have two of the Buffalo 200 blowers one that works and one that needs work. They do put out a good amount of air. Also they are made right and left, I have one each way

I would say that it is a top line blower and if you can get one for $100 it is probably a good deal. You want to be sure it turns easy and has good coast- it should do at least 2 or 3 revolutions after you stop turning.
Blowers seem to be hard to find here now, the ones that come up are pretty pricey $250 and up.
I have an over-limit of little electric blowers that I find a yard sales for just a couple of bucks. That is what I use now, I have pulled a few out of dumpsters- flip the switch and let it do the work

I know what you mean about them being too hard to find... I wish there was a company that still made hand-cranked blowers-there's enough of a market for it. I might be able to get the blower for $125, but no lower than that. I'll have to check on the condition.
Here are two photos:
post-24020-0-67417300-1337211693_thumb.j
post-24020-0-43803300-1337211694_thumb.j

From the pictures it looks fair, the man says it blows really well, but I'll have to check on the free-turning of it. I'm just worried that the gears are worn out.

I would go check it out, if it has good coast just ask if he could come down like 10 bucks- give him some kind of sob story like it cost me x amount of dollars in gas to get here or whatever make something up, just getting started, have to put 3 dogs through college.
If it does not turn free and coast then you have to explain to him that it needs work and get it for no more than $100 or just walk away.
Small electric blowers are easy to find and you do not have to sit there and crank it

You can tinker with them to get them to run better. Sometimes a good cleaning and proper lube job is all you need. People will often put oil that is too heavy in them and that will make it hard to turn. They need a light oil like automatic transmission fluid. Look inside and see what kind of oil is in there. It does not need much oil just enough to get on the gears. They will just leak any excess oil out.
I will sometimes convince people that there is something wrong with an item to get them to lower the price. "OH man this thing is leaking oil bad" "Looks like new seals for sure" "This will cost a fortune to rebuild" Stuff like that will get some guys to come down on a price

I can't give you a figure, but I can tell you that in my multiple man shop, I have five Buffalo blowers, three of which have the configuration of yours. My personal one is a similar Buffalo, except the blower exhaust is horizontal instead of pointing downward. I also have a Buffalo 300 which is a sort of oddball with the gear case edgewise to the fan case. They all have been behaving quite well for years. I've been using mine for over 20 years. Back in 1964, I was in horseshoeing school, and our instructor said to give the blower 3 drops of oil every third day. He was right.

I recently found a Cannedy Otto, which may be top of the line. It is extremely silent and very well built. Unlike my other blowers, it does require a small bath of oil in the bottom of the gear case. I'm thinking about using it for myself and saving my Buffalo for emergencies and travel. The little man on my shoulder says however, "Frank, if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I have three Champion 400's which I feel are comparable in quality to the Buffalos.

Think of it this way. If the blower keeps you operating for a number of years, $75 to $250 is not expensive...and furthermore, it's going to exercise your non-hammer arm.