I Forge Iron

Greetings from Wisconsin

Finnr

Hello. I am a woodworker who has recently taken up blacksmithing. I find it facinating and fun. I am an artist and craftsman living in a rural farm area of Western Wisconsin. Feel free to ask if you want to know more.
Finnr

Finnr,
Welcome to IFI.
I am just starting to follow through with an idea I got about 6 yrs. ago. And that was to combine wood with metal. It has taken me this long to get started with it.
I am designing a BBQ table that has two wagon wheels on it so it looks like a small chuck wagon. The forged metal joinery combined with the wood gives it a simple basic look of our recent past!
I have no idea how advanced you are in blacksmithing, but here at IFI you are among people who are at all levels of the craft (beginners to world class). You have no doubt checked out the IFI web site. There is more being added to it all the time.
I feel IFI has given me a place to ask questions in real time by using the chat room, or by posting a question in the forum. I have got quick, accurate and understandable responses.
I would suggest that you review the Blueprint Section carefully so you will know what is available. New Blueprints are being posted all of the time!
We welcome all suggestions or tips that you would be willing to share with us. Most of us love photos of what you are doing.
Remember, Make sure you charge enough, and don’t strike cold steel! ~ Just kidding!
Be safe!
Ted

Look at Blueprint BP0133 the now famous 55 Forge for a good way to get a fire started.

Show us what you make in wood and metal so we have can best ask questions and learn from you. Posting photos in the IForgeIron Gallery of wood or metal is encouraged. The gallery URL can then be used to post in the forum here as they are resized to properly fit the forum format.

Welcome to the site. If you have questions, just ask, and we will try to answer them.

Thanks for the warm welcome. As soon as I get some decent pictures I will gladly post them. Kind of odd how I got into the smithing. I merchant SCA events and always get placed near the blacksmiths. One thing led to another until I was spending nearly as much time with the smiths as I was spending in my own booth. Coal and iron are just plain FUN!
Finnr