I Forge Iron

greetings from Australia

Drewy

Hello fellow smiths

Greetings from sunny Australia, my name is Drewy and have been blacksmithing since 1984, first job out of high school. I served a four year apprenticeship in Sydney with New South Wales state rail authority as a industrial smith, Total of 10 apprentices in my year, they were one of the largest employers of blacksmiths for that era. I had my own bussiness for 15 years in my home town of Tamworth northern NSW doing all types of forge work from industrial, artist and general fabrication. 10 years ago I decided to go to university and train to become a high school industrial arts teacher. I work in a small rural ton 1/2 hr from home, lots of farm kids who love learning blacksmithing in my metal work classes. Look forward to interacting with others

yours in Blacksmithing

Drewy

Welcome to IFI, there is plenty smiths from downunder on here, A little searching will get you to the OZ roundup, say hey! and find out about hammerins going down near you. I can imagine you pulling up with a bus full of ROWDY high school students to an event at Glenn Moon's shop unannounced !

G'day Rusty, Drewy started off the "Peel River Artist Blacksmiths" many moons ago I think around 1994, at that stage we were known as "Australian Blacksmith Association Tamworth & District". The name was changed in 2006, Drewy has also worked in America for I think a year Blacksmithing, he is also a member of the Australian Eastern N. S. W. Coastal Group and is friends with Glenn Moon & Forgemaster. He attends most major events in Oz.
Cheers John.

Well . . . Yeah. I was being polite and seeing as I seem to attract smiths too. So maybe it was a self image (ambiance?) thing.

At least you don't want us calling you Sugar.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...