Glenn

Show me your Forge

The blowers often are just clogged with debris like: wasp, mouse, bird, etc. nests plus all the junk kids can fit in to hear grind when they turn the crank. A pressure washer and tilting it at different angles can do wonders. Remember, only a few drops of oil when you start a session if you try to fill it to the "level" plug it'll make exactly THAT size puddle of oil on the floor when it leaks out. Go ahead, ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

A simple bar grate works very well the original grates are okay but nothing special. 

Can we see a pic of the bottom, the tuyere may just be  mounted wrong, it's hard to tell from here.

The pan looks like sheet steel rather than cast iron. If so you can weld patches and replacement pieces on if you grind the weld points clean. Repairing their tools and equipment with the tools available to them is as traditional as it gets. 

They're nice pan forges, I like them a lot better than my rivet forge. You have room for extra fuel, stock and tools without putting them in the fire. 

Frosty The Lucky.

II believe the pan to be cast because the leg holes are cast into the pan, not welded on. Here are some pictures sorry for the quality 

20180509_141004.jpg

20180509_141248.jpg

My forge's blower connection is nothing like that. Dryer flex hose time I think.

Frosty The Lucky.

This forge originally was supposed to have a hand lever blower mounted under the pan. 

And yes I believe 3 inch flex pipe is the answer as well. I will be building the mounts and stand for the #400.

Thanks