I Forge Iron

power hammer plans

G'day every one at Forge Iron what a great site you have, I hope some one can help me I am trying to get a set of plans to build a power hammer the plans are from Jerry Allen at the The Wizard Forge from Lost Creek USA . I have sent him emails but they keep bouncing back to me has anyone got a copy I can buy or can you tell me how to get in touch with him. I live in Australia and we have nothing like this locally.

Cheers
Grahame

To order plans and a materials list for Rusty or Dusty, please contact:

Jerry Allen
The Wizard's Forge
Rt. 1, Box 174-D
Lost Creek, WV 26385, USA
1-304-745-3886

I called them and left a message that you were trying to contact them.
The best to you!

I was looking on eBay today and saw this rusty style hammer up for auction with a starting bid of $1. It looks like he didn't have any plans but just sort of, kind of started building it by looking at a picture of one. Well here are three pictures of one for you to take a gander at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/260978751822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Good luck and have fun with your build.

Welcome aboard Grahame, glad to have you. There's lots of you blokes here at IFI and plenty of guys who have built their own hammers so plans will be coming as will suggestions of varying degrees of practicality.

Frosty The Lucky.

Grahame,

Take a look at this web page. There are hammer plans in metric at the bottom. He has changed the format on how it is presented. I have a copy of the the entire PDF from when I first found his web site. If you want a copy, shoot me a pm with a e-mail address. I thought I would make one at one time but bought a LG instead.

http://www.dgentile.com/en/overview/55-mechanical-powerhammer.html

Brian Pierson