I Forge Iron

Spring is here!... I was so tired of snow.

Yetti

it's in the high 70's up here in my part of michigan. I've been cleaning up downed trees for the firewood...way too warm for that kind of work, but where I'm working still has a large bank of snow in the yard, so it keeps the beer cold......life is good!

I stepped out onto the porch this morning and it was ... 2... *sigh*.

Above Bryan? Anything above zero in your neighborhood is a good day isn't it?

Around here, about 275 miles southerly from Bryan's, anything in the 70's is positively searing heat!

Frosty The Lucky.

I suspect it won't last but I am taking every advantage at this point. its supposed to stay all week. hope it just rains on and off for the rest of spring. I am so done with snow.( but I didn't take the blade off just yet.)
as for the getting things set up I un burried my trailer. I have to take it haul anything so it had to come out. first stop is in Saline looking for a forge :)

Yes Frosty actually the sigh was because it was over 0. Our fuel bill this year has been horrible. In a week or so I may even be able to get into the forge and get some work done. I sure hope so.
It is intresting how my temprature tollerence has gotten better. I didn't use to be able to work in the shed below 30 now I can do it between 15 and 20 and I'm perfectly fine. I have to put a piece of steel in the forge and lay it on the anvil face to warm it. But by the time I do that the forge warms the shed just fine and I take off my jacket. I really want one of those 30 gallon wood stove kits though. One of the things I've been hunting for here.

Jaques, it snowed on the reef and rooves colapsed etc. about 18 years ago did you not go to see it?
Here we had a relatively cool day yesterday and last night it was 28C = 84F a little warm .....
In a couple of weeks time I will be in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi wich makes our temps seem like the fridge ... If you are cold light the forge and you warm up, If it's hot, light the forge and rethink "comfort"

I miss the snow!

I'm to the point now I can do with a week or two of snow and I'm done. this winter was very mild here snow didn't hang around and the temps stayed above 0 for the most part. back in `01 we had 21 inches of snow over 3 days and then it stuck for 6 weeks, and the temps stayed around zero. that sucked

Funny thing the US National Weather Service says that NM was about the only state where winter temps were below normal this last winter but we didn't even buy any wood so our heating bill for last winter was *zero*! I think it was the lack of wind so our passive solar house did just fine with little woodstove back up.

we had zero winter snow and very little cold and high bills yet we used no heat at all as we used our wood stove when it was cold . they finally came out and checked the meter and determend the meter was bad . now they say we have a credit of over 1500. but will not cut a check . for it

don't you guys have them little Penguin's down there? I would think snow wouldn't be to far behind them?

African Penguin, It is also widely known as the "Jackass" Penguin for its donkey-like bray. Those cute little suckers live on the coast that never gets snow, but the sea is cold,cold ,cold. straight up from the arctic.Jaques and I live about 700km's apart, and about 1200km's from the penguins.

Blueberrys settin fruit here all ready, pears too, figs next... snakes, mosquitos, pollen everywhere .

"Weather the weather is cold or weather the weather is hot we have to weather the weather weather we like it or not." ~ dont know who

"If all you have is a hammer,..everything looks like a nail!" Mark Twain, Yes? I love that one Yetti !

Did you know they call yetti skunk apes down here (South Alabama) ?

No snow here in the Nevada desert, and hardly any where I work in Utah. Temps have been fantastic this year, sooooo glad I left rainy CA for this. Today it took a turn though, windy, and cooler temps in the 60's. slight chance of rain tonight. Even the rain is better than CA since we only average 4-4.5" for the whole year. Sunny for something like 350 days on average, but I will admit that the 3 months of 100+ can get tiresome, but as they say - at least it is a dry heat ;)