I Forge Iron

First wood handle WIP

Rangerdave

I used coco bolo dymondwood for the handle. I used epoxy and 1/8" bronze braising rod for pins. still have some sanding and shaping but it is coming along. The blade is a leaf spring. Heat treated per the forum knowledge... Thank you to all that put out the info. I didn't use spacer material wish I would have, but the epoxy dried grey so it looks like I used grey spacers sort of.
Let me know what you think, likes and dislikes. This will be #3 for me. First 2 were wrapped handles.

Thanks
RD

post-22661-0-44816400-1329192491_thumb.j

Over all it's 9 inches give or take a 32nd or so. I don't have a ruler that is that detailed so we will say 9. Blade is 4 3/4 handle is 4 1/4. Its 5/32 and the belly is 1 1/4. Will have to get wife's camera or get new batteries for the house one. What angle do you want to see it from Rob? I am actually making this for a welder guy who is welding me a press. I think he will be happy... and as long as the press works so will I.

Thanks
RD

Over all it's 9 inches give or take a 32nd or so. I don't have a ruler that is that detailed so we will say 9. Blade is 4 3/4 handle is 4 1/4. Its 5/32 and the belly is 1 1/4. Will have to get wife's camera or get new batteries for the house one. What angle do you want to see it from Rob? I am actually making this for a welder guy who is welding me a press. I think he will be happy... and as long as the press works so will I.

Thanks
RD

RD, Thanks for the er... extremely accurate measurements. As for the angle, maybe I was a bit groggy when I wrote that. That was a good angle, and I hope to do as well when I eventually post pics of the knives that I am making.

Robert